Tuesday, June 14, 2011

They Might Be Giants, Luminato 2011

On Saturday, June 11, 2011, Leigh and I went to the Luminato festival in Toronto to see my favorite band. They Might Be Giants. Even though I've been a fan of the band for as long as I can remember (I started listening to them shortly after they released "Flood") this was the first time I'd gotten to see them live. Now I'm sad that I don't see them coming back to Toronto in the immediate future.
The show was great, I was especially impressed with the playlist being in alphabetical order. And as you can see I was inspired to draw the Johns.  I'd say the getting the opportunity to work with them on something would probably be one of my dream illustration jobs.

And for the curious, the bands I seem listen to the most are: They Might Be Giants, The Ramones and The Art of Noise.

3 comments:

  1. This is just so good! You've really excelled yourself this time. I hope they see it! I also hope they come back, I'd love to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really happy with it. I also hope they see it. and I hope they come back to toronto too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never told me how it was- sis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...