Monday, July 29, 2013

The Talisman of the Three Eyed Skull

A reproduction of the strange talisman originally described in the pages of the infamous book, "Notchordamnatchoz." The book claims The skull with "one eye for seeing, one eye for looking and one eye for watching" will protect the bearer from harm from the creatures thought to roam the spaces between what is known and what is unknown.
I have prepared 25 copies of this talisman to be included with the first 25 copies of my new art book, The Unnatural Order of the Three Eyed Skull which will be available at table A70 in artist alley during FanExpo in August. If you are interested in making sure you can get a copy of this book drop me an e-mail or tweet me to let me know.

This is the first time in I don't know how long that I produced any art through lino-print. I had forgotten how much work it was. In the end I think it turned out pretty well. You end up with som pretty interesting textures in the final that are hard to get in any other media. I've always preferred screen printing when making prints of my work but I don't really have the space required for that kind of thing. one day I hope to get back into it but until then everything's going to be printed digitally or the occasional lino print.

Here's what the thing looked like while working on it:

I'm really looking forward seeing the whole package put together (book, print and little band that holds the print in the book) should be pretty cool.

The Talisman of the Three Eyed Skull part 2

Here's the second stage of printing. One more and the talisman shall be complete!
A complete talisman will be included with the first 25 copies of my new art book which will be available for the first time at FanExpo Canada in August 22–25.
I've already carved up the third and final plate for this image and should be printing it today. I'll post the final version once they're all printed.
here's what the plate looks like.
Wish me luck!

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Talisman of the Three Eyed Skull part 1

Here's a little work in progress image of the print that will be included in the 25 copies of my new black and white art book which will be available at the 2013 FanExpo in Toronto. I'll post each stage of the print as I complete it. so you can see what it looks like in the end.
this is what the next stage of cutting looks like:

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Unnatural Order of the Three Eyed Skull: sneaky peek

What you see here is a sneak peek at the cover of the 100 page, black and white, hard-cover art book I've put together for the 2013 FanExpo in Toronto. I'm making a limited run of these, probably 25 of 'em. Each one will come with a block printed ward against monsters which should protect you from about 13% of the fiends you will discover in this book. How do you defend yourself from the other 87% of things found in the book? I don't know. Maybe by buying a copy of the art book? Sure, that's it.  Buying this art book is almost guaranteed defence against the monsters depicted in the art book. Maybe.

I figure the book's going to retail for $25, if you're interested in pre-ordering one to pick up at FanExpo drop me an e-mail. If you want to buy one at FanExpo, I'll be in artist alley table A70. If there's any books left after FanEx they'll be available through my Etsy shop.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The terrible message of the hooded figure...

While listening to "Welcome to Night Vale" I was visited by a strange hooded figure who whispered in my ear a horrible secret. If you are not already listening to the Night Vale Radio podcast, you should start right now. It is amazing and horrifying and beautiful.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Croach the Tracker? (from Sparks Nevada: Marshal on Mars of the Thrilling Adventure Hour)

Here's my take on the character Croach the Tracker, he's a native of Mars (which is what I designate it) you can here about his adventures by listening to the Thrilling Adventure Hour, which is something I insist you do. It is great fun.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...