Monday, July 29, 2013

The Talisman of the Three Eyed Skull

A reproduction of the strange talisman originally described in the pages of the infamous book, "Notchordamnatchoz." The book claims The skull with "one eye for seeing, one eye for looking and one eye for watching" will protect the bearer from harm from the creatures thought to roam the spaces between what is known and what is unknown.
I have prepared 25 copies of this talisman to be included with the first 25 copies of my new art book, The Unnatural Order of the Three Eyed Skull which will be available at table A70 in artist alley during FanExpo in August. If you are interested in making sure you can get a copy of this book drop me an e-mail or tweet me to let me know.

This is the first time in I don't know how long that I produced any art through lino-print. I had forgotten how much work it was. In the end I think it turned out pretty well. You end up with som pretty interesting textures in the final that are hard to get in any other media. I've always preferred screen printing when making prints of my work but I don't really have the space required for that kind of thing. one day I hope to get back into it but until then everything's going to be printed digitally or the occasional lino print.

Here's what the thing looked like while working on it:



I'm really looking forward seeing the whole package put together (book, print and little band that holds the print in the book) should be pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...